Hewlett-Packard Builds Its Own “University” u4a1
Due date 08-02-2017
Answer all questions below and the references list MUST include the https://website address
BOOK Noe, R. A., Hollenbeck, J. R., Gerhart, B., & Wright, P. M. (2016). Fundamentals of human resource management (6th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Irwin. ISBN: 9780077718367.
On all the assignment please writes in third person, otherwise the paper will be unaccepted per instructor instruction.
As part of your reading for this unit, you read the “Hewlett-Packard Builds Its Own ‘University'” case study on page 232 of Fundamentals of Human Resource Management. Respond to the questions below in a 2-3 page paper. Be sure to include enough detail to provide context for your ideas and to demonstrate your understanding of these concepts. Also, be sure to include all necessary APA citations and a references page. Submit your responses in a Microsoft Word document
1. What aspects of HP University effectively link training to the organization’s needs?
2. Which aspects of the “University” link employee development to the organization’s needs?
3. Given the integral role of computerized training at HP University, and the organization’s expansive global presence, how can HP address the three most common development-related challenges (including the glass ceiling, succession planning, and dysfunctional managers)?
2. • Written communication: It should be free of errors, so that the overall message is clear.
• APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style.
• Number of resources: Minimum of four scholarly resources. Distinguished submissions will likely exceed that minimum. Recommend reviewing The Wall Street Journal for relevant articles related to Hewlett-Packard’s Development and Training Program and the value of employee development to organizational success (Campus link in the Resources, see “Getting Started” section for WSJ sign-up).
• Parts of paper:
o Title page.
o Body of paper.
o References page.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
PLEASE ANSWER ALL QUESTION BELOW
Many companies invest in training aimed at improving their business performance. An effective method of training delivery is e-learning. After visiting Inspired eLearning or another e-learning provider, answer the following questions based on the demonstration you viewed. If you chose to use a different e-learning provider than Inspired, include the Web site name in your discussion post.
1. One advantage of e-learning is that it can bring together audio and video clips, text and images, and interaction with the user. How many of those elements are present in the demonstration you watched?
2. Was the demonstration easy to understand and use? What would have made it easier to use?
3. Was the demonstration interesting? What would have made it more interesting?
4. Did the demonstration apply the principles of effective learning described in Chapter 7 of Fundamentals of Human Resource Management? Explain.
150-200-WORDS-Employee Development as a Strategy-U4D2
PLEASE ANSWER ALL QUESTION BELOW
In Chapter 8 of Fundamentals of Human Resource Management, the text discusses the natural, but not automatic, progression from training employees for success in their current roles to engaging them in a process of development that can begin on their first day and extend beyond their tenure at the organization. The employee is not the only beneficiary of the effort; employee development can become a key component of organizational culture and drive competitive advantage as effectively as the best business plan.
Thinking about your own organization, or one you are familiar with, identify ways talent is developed in any or all of the four broad categories discussed in Chapter 8: formal education, assessment, job experiences, and interpersonal relationships.
If your organization does not offer development opportunities, should it? Why or why not? Be careful not to think in terms of training that may be required.
If the organization has a formal development program, is it effective? Why or why not?